Compsystems Pty Ltd ACN 625 050 062 accepts that as a result of its business activities it has an obligation under the Privacy Act to protect the personal information it has collected on individuals.
Compsystems will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and only when it is necessary for one or more of our business functions or activities. Whenever we collect personal information about an individual we will advise the individual as soon as practicable:
- the reason for the collection
- that they are able to gain access to the information
- to whom we may disclose the information
- any law that requires us to collect the information
- the main consequences of not disclosing the personal information
- USE AND DISCLOSURE
We will only use and disclose personal information:
- for the purpose which we had advised we were collecting it or for a purpose that the individual would reasonably expect us to
- where the individual has consented
- as required by law
- DATA QUALITY
Compsystems will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
- DATA SECURITY
Compsyste,s will take all reasonable steps to:
- protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- destroy personal information once it is no longer needed
Compsystems will enable an individual to gain access to their personal information upon request except in accordance with the exemptions contained in the Act. BAPCOR also reserve the right to charge an individual for providing access to the information.
Compsystems will not use an identifier assigned by a Government agency or a Government contracted service provider as it own identifier.
Whenever it is lawful and practicable to do so, individuals have the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions with Compsystems.
- TRANSBORDER DATA FLOWS
Compsystems does not transfer personal information about an individual internationally. However, if we were to do so it would be in accordance with the relevant National Privacy Principle.
- SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Compsystems may collect sensitive information while recruiting new staff. This sensitive information will only be collected with the consent of the individual or if required by law. If an individual were to voluntarily complete an employment application form, Compsystems would consider this to be granting consent to collect and store the sensitive information.
- PRIVACY INQUIRIES
Any privacy related inquiries or concerns can be directed to the Privacy Officer, 4/2 Brett Drive, Carrum Downs, Victoria, 3201 or telephone 03 8743 5550. Compsystems have set a period of up to 30 days to resolve any privacy issues.
- REVIEW OF POLICY